Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Is it possible to get 2 graphics cards thats will work better then 1 gtx560? - Page 3

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Battlefield
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
December 17, 2011 7:43:14 AM

monsta said:
I'm not attacking you at all , you are making a fool of yourself, you are making false claims about something you have no proof of, there are no 6770 CF benchmarks for BF3 anywhere to be seen, so making false claims that it beats a 580 is a FAIL , like when you said that 6770 CF uses less power than a 560ti , the fact was it uses 25 Watts more than 6770 CF.....again a FAIL!

Next you will be claming Milli Vanilli are making a comeback....Nuff said!

wow 25 watts more
    a c 104 U Graphics card
    December 17, 2011 7:46:13 AM

Milli Vanilli are making a comeback....Nuff said!

I'm gonne trash my radio !!!!! :cry:  :cry:  :cry: 

:lol: 
      a b U Graphics card
      December 17, 2011 7:49:33 AM

Headspin_69 said:
      wow 25 watts more

Ok, but say teh OP has a lower end PSU? chances are, teh power supply wouldn't a) Have enough PCI-e power connectors for CFX, or the amperage.
        Related resources
        a c 89 U Graphics card
        December 17, 2011 7:51:16 AM

GreenDutchAlien said:
        Milli Vanilli are making a comeback....Nuff said!

I'm gonne trash my radio !!!!! :cry:  :cry:  :cry: 

:lol: 

Mwahahaha :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
          a b U Graphics card
          December 17, 2011 7:53:57 AM

FtsArTek said:
          Ok, but say teh OP has a lower end PSU? chances are, teh power supply wouldn't a) Have enough PCI-e power connectors for CFX, or the amperage.

I thought about all this already and the Radeon HD 6770s are low power consumption cards and that is part of there charm they consume almost half the power of a 560ti and only take one 6 pin power connector per card wear as the single 560ti takes two 6 pin power connectors and the 6xxx series scale very well in crossfire in many games.
            a b U Graphics card
            December 17, 2011 7:57:36 AM

Headspin_69 said:
            I thought about all this already and the Radeon HD 6770s are low power consumption cards and that is part of there charm they consume almost half the power of a 560ti and only take one 6 pin power connector per card wear as the single 560ti takes two 6 pin power connectors and the 6xxx series scale very well in crossfire in many games.

That's true.... I did overlook that. You appear to have thought that out well.

One thing though - CFX scaling in many games is good, but at least in the case of my 6950s, so far, they scaling is, to say the most, average.
            In BF3, ofc
              a b U Graphics card
              December 17, 2011 8:01:56 AM

FtsArTek said:
              That's true.... I did overlook that. You appear to have thought that out well.

One thing though - CFX scaling in many games is good, but at least in the case of my 6950s, so far, they scaling is, to say the most, average.
              In BF3, ofc

Now I am not dissing the 69xx series at all but as I have understood they have had more than there far share of pitfalls and scaling has been one of them however I digress onto the 6870s scale very very well and in many case achieve 1:1 scaling and the 6770z are not far behind in c\scaling.
                a c 81 U Graphics card
                December 17, 2011 8:37:27 AM

i wonder if OP is still around...
                @shadow23,
                what are your current pc specs? (since no one bothered to ask)
                what psu are you using?
                what resolution will you be playing bf3 at?
                what is your max budget for gfx cards? 120-160 pounds, or higher?
                for bf3 a single gtx 560 (1 gb gddr5) or 560 ti would be good for gaming at 1080p. if you use cheap cards, be ready to lower the gfx settings.

dual 6770/6790/550 ti pros:
                higher fps that gfx cards that are one/two tier higher.
                use of one card in case another dies.
                dual 6770/6790/550 ti cons:
                possibly a lot of microstuttering,
                maintenance of two cards,
                heat,
                power consumption,
                driver support (amd),
                case airflow (related to heat and power consumption),
                motherboard support (at least dual x8 is needed),
                psu support,
                performance decrease with fxaa, msaa, even more at 1080p, 1600p res.
                inferior driver support,
                higher price than a single gtx 560.
                single gtx 560 pros:
                less hassle with one card,
                less heat and power use,
                better airflow within the case,
                possibility of using a second 560 down the road (that combo will use more power and heat),
                decent fps at high res,
                no/much less microstuttering,
                less performance hit with fxaa and msaa,
                physx, cuda, 3d - nvidia specific stuff,
                better driver than amd,
                (future) sli suffers less from microstuttering,
                single gtx 560 cons:
                less fps than a lesser 2x cards in cfx/sli.
                according to amazon uk, the under 80 pounds gfx cards are usually radeon hd 5750/6750s. 2x 6770s will have 2x108 w tdp (reference model). gtx 560 - 160w tdp (reference model).
                make sure you install all the patches, update your gfx card drivers.
                  a b U Graphics card
                  December 17, 2011 8:45:07 AM

de5_Roy said:
                  @shadow23,
                  what psu are you using?
                  for bf3 a single gtx 560 (1 gb gddr5) or 560 ti would be good for gaming at 1080p. if you use cheap cards, be ready to lower the gfx settings.

higher fps,
                  heat,
                  power consumption,
                  driver support (amd),
                  psu support,
                  performance decrease with fxaa, msaa,
                  inferior driver support,
                  single gtx 560 pros:
                  less heat and power use,
                  better airflow withing the case,
                  possibility of using a second 560 down the road (that combo will use more power and heat),
                  decent fps at high res,
                  better driver than amd,
                  single gtx 560 cons:
                  less fps.
                  according to amazon uk, the under 80 pounds gfx cards are usually radeon hd 5750/6750s, not 6770s. 2x 6770s will have 2x108 w tdp (reference model). gtx 560 - 160w tdp, reference model.

I have literally never had any problems like you have stated with CFX and I can see you never you used CFX I have however notice massive increase in framrates with CFX lol.
                    a b U Graphics card
                    December 17, 2011 9:04:31 AM

de5_Roy said:
                    @shadow23,
                    what psu are you using?

heat,
                    power consumption,
                    driver support (amd),
                    psu support,
                    inferior driver support,
                    single gtx 560 pros:
                    less heat and power use,
                    decent fps at high res,
                    better driver than amd,
                    single gtx 560 cons:
                    according to amazon uk, the under 80 pounds gfx cards are usually radeon hd 5750/6750s. 2x 6770s will have 2x108 w tdp (reference model). gtx 560 - 160w tdp (reference model).

de5_roy wrote :

higher fps, - true
                    use of one card in case another dies. - moot
                    possibly a lot of microstuttering, - false new drivers have rectified this phenomena
                    maintenance of two cards, - moot point
                    heat, - moot and is to be expected adjust case fans accordingly.
                    power consumption, - good thing to consider lol do ya think
                    driver support (amd), - moot AMD drivers are just fine
                    case airflow (related to heat and power consumption), - SLI/CFX users understand these pitfalls
                    motherboard support (at least dual x8 is needed), - no crap
                    psu support, - no crap
                    performance decrease with fxaa, msaa, -False
                    inferior driver support, - FALSE typical Nvida propaganda
                    higher price than a single gtx 560. - 6770 CFX can be had for same price
                    single gtx 560 pros:
                    less hassle with one card, - for noobs maybe
                    less heat and power use, - more fps generally always need more power and in turn create more heat.
                    better airflow withing the case, - in which case ?
                    possibility of using a second 560 down the road (that combo will use more power and heat), - 560 SLI is a good combo and read two lines up lol.
                    decent fps at high res, - situation and game pending but ya
                    no/much less microstuttering, - FALSE you should not even need to mention that lol.
                    less performance hit with fxaa and msaa, FALSE
                    physx, cuda, 3d - nvidia specific stuff, Physx is in all of 5 games and takes a huge performance hit in most of them for little return in anything, 3d is a gimmick like Physx
                    better driver than amd, - Absolutely FALSE
                    (future) sli suffers less from microstuttering, - LOL at that
                    single gtx 560 cons:
                    less fps. - in what context ?
                    according to amazon uk, the under 80 pounds gfx cards are usually radeon hd 5750/6750s, not 6770s. 2x 6770s will have 2x108 w tdp (reference model). gtx 560 - 160w tdp, reference model. - The 6770 is 96watts at max load and uses one 6 pin and if Amazon is overcharging for cards then why shop there when 2 6770 can be had for under the OPs budget LOL. I have literally never had as many problems or any problems that you have stated above but with so many Nvidia Propaganda spreading fan boys it is no wonder why so many are turned off of PC gaming and go to the consoles because of Nvidias Fan Bouys Elitist and pessimistic attitudes. PS 99% of what you stated can be completely Mitigated and or proven FALSE LOL but nice try as you may.
                      a b U Graphics card
                      December 17, 2011 1:07:23 PM

FtsArTek said:
                      Ok, headspin, you know nothing, it seems. I suggest you go away, The OP has had his answer, adn you can shut up now./

Sir, we don't take kindly to that type of attitude here, I know I am not a mod or anything but I think I speak for the community when I say, please refrain from being so negative and bashing other users.

I personally would grab a 580/6950/70 then if need be grab another down the line, its the most sensible plan, if you don't get the performance you wan't out of the 2 6770's then you are screwed and even if you sell them you most likely wasted atleast some money.
                        a c 89 U Graphics card
                        December 17, 2011 2:30:38 PM

^+1
                          a b U Graphics card
                          December 17, 2011 7:20:01 PM

Headspin_69 said:
                          Read some benchmarks the 6770 CROSSFIREX that means TWO cards perform like an GTX 580 or close to it.

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/2983/his_radeon_hd_577...

Here is a review which shows I am right and you are wrong. 2x6870 might perform like a 580 but not two 5770's(6770).
                            a b U Graphics card
                            December 17, 2011 9:56:41 PM

mouse24 said:
                            Sir, we don't take kindly to that type of attitude here, I know I am not a mod or anything but I think I speak for the community when I say, please refrain from being so negative and bashing other users.

I personally would grab a 580/6950/70 then if need be grab another down the line, its the most sensible plan, if you don't get the performance you wan't out of the 2 6770's then you are screwed and even if you sell them you most likely wasted atleast some money.

It seem there is much Nvidia INTEL biased around most places TH included so when I was getting attacked by multiply members at once by my stating the fact that the poor crummy old Radeon HD 6770s in CFX perform close to just as well as a GTX 580 in some titles that is when people started personally attacking me. Please read my second post to the OP I think it was the 5th one down and then see how I was erroneously labeled a troll and attacked/ganged up on by more than one person just because of my original post did not include the usual Nvidia response ect. I have already talked to ( FtsArTec )and he now understands my logic on my choice and how fitting it is for the OP and his given Budget and what he asked of the community PEACE and merry Christmas.
                              a b U Graphics card
                              December 17, 2011 10:02:38 PM

spentshells said:
                              http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/2983/his_radeon_hd_577...

Here is a review which shows I am right and you are wrong. 2x6870 might perform like a 580 but not two 5770's(6770).

Funny you picked a 5770 CFX when I picked 6770 because of its optimized CFX scaling over the 5770 series it replaces and here is some poof. Take note how the 6770 is within 5fps of the mighty GTX 580 LOL http://www.guru3d.com/article/his-radeon-6770-iceqx-tur...
                                a c 81 U Graphics card
                                December 19, 2011 5:04:23 PM

Headspin_69 said:

some random stuff with bad punctuation...

as people have already pointed out, starting with a cfx/sli solution is not a good idea.
                                microstuttering, aa issues also have been pointed out a few times.
                                power consumption of two cards (2x 5770/6770/6870) is also higher than a single card (gtx 560/ 560 ti/ 6950). price is also an issue.
                                now on to the stuff you've been talking about:
                                you do not know
                                -about op's system's cfx/sli support.
                                -his psu's wattage.
                                -any of his system specs.
                                -his full budget for gfx cards.
                                -his gaming resolution.
                                you never even bothered to ask about them.
                                op did ask for two cards but it doesn't mean he can run them (not without knowing his specs). i've seen a lot of people with x16+x4 motherboards. some of them even run two cards. and most of them say that they encounter problems.
                                i recommended a single card solution because it is a safer and possibly beneficial in the long term. 2 lower end cards will effectively lock down a budget gamer in the longer term. otoh, a single, moderately powerful gfx card will help him in the short term with the possibility to sell the card at a higher price than used-lower-end card (or two), or use another of the aforementioned moderately powerful gfx card and combo them (as long as his system supports it).
                                before you blame the 'unoptimized' games and their publishers, you should consider that other people play them and some games are more demanding than they are buggy - like bf3, metro, crysis etc.
                                bf3 is a dx 11 game that uses fxaa which was, afaik, developed by nvidia to compete with amd's mlaa. even amd recommends using fxaa at ultra settings. this is another reason i recommended the gtx 560 (bf3 states gtx 560 in it's recommended requirement along with radeon hd 6950). and 6950 usually costs more than a gtx 560 or 560 ti (compared prices from novatech and newegg.com). i'd recommend a radeon hd 6850 or even 2x 6770 (very unlikely) if they didn't take fps hit (more than nvidia cards) in ultra settings with fxaa and msaa - among other reasons. you do remember that the op wanted to play bf3 at maximum settings, don't you? i am clarifying my position further in case op (or you) didn't understand my point of view. besides, this thread isn't about you, it's about someone else wanting to play games and seeking information on that matter.
                                now, if op does decide to go with one higher end card instead of 2x lower end cards or vice versa, that's his decision and i'd respect that. and so should you.
                                  a b U Graphics card
                                  December 19, 2011 7:29:20 PM

Headspin_69 said:
                                  Funny you picked a 5770 CFX when I picked 6770 because of its optimized CFX scaling over the 5770 series it replaces and here is some poof. Take note how the 6770 is within 5fps of the mighty GTX 580 LOL http://www.guru3d.com/article/his-radeon-6770-iceqx-tur...

5770 and 6770 have the exact same hardware, if anything drivers have increased the frame rates and if there are potential issues with CF 6870 then you can be sure the same would be true for the 6770/5770.

I will suggest looking elsewhere aside from a sponsored review for true results.
                                  But that is very interesting to see those results.
                                    a b U Graphics card
                                    December 19, 2011 9:49:39 PM

de5_Roy said:
                                    @shadow23,
                                    what psu are you using?

heat,
                                    power consumption,
                                    driver support (amd),
                                    psu support,
                                    inferior driver support,
                                    single gtx 560 pros:
                                    less heat and power use,
                                    decent fps at high res,
                                    better driver than amd,
                                    single gtx 560 cons:

6770 are one 6 pin power connector a piece and he is asking is there two cards that are better than a 580 so that being said yes you are a moron and read before you post because 6770 can be had for just over $200 and keep up with a 580 at the same time drawing almost the same power as a single 560ti.
                                      a b U Graphics card
                                      December 19, 2011 9:51:43 PM

spentshells said:
                                      5770 and 6770 have the exact same hardware, if anything drivers have increased the frame rates and if there are potential issues with CF 6870 then you can be sure the same would be true for the 6770/5770.

I will suggest looking elsewhere aside from a sponsored review for true results.
                                      But that is very interesting to see those results.

Funny how the only people that are saying CFX has potential problems are the Nvidia Bigots and plus they have never run such a setup.
                                        a b U Graphics card
                                        December 19, 2011 11:49:08 PM

Headspin_69 said:
                                        Funny how the only people that are saying CFX has potential problems are the Nvidia Bigots and plus they have never run such a setup.

I actually have a 5770 so I just thought I would clear that up for you since last time you said I was an ATI fan now perhaps an Nvidiot as you put it when really I just like good games and can not shoot worth a sh!t with a controller.
                                          a b U Graphics card
                                          December 19, 2011 11:57:48 PM

spentshells said:
                                          I actually have a 5770 so I just thought I would clear that up for you since last time you said I was an ATI fan now perhaps an Nvidiot as you put it when really I just like good games and can not shoot worth a sh!t with a controller.

Well if you haven't run CFX then you dont know I have run CFX and I am saying that any problems that people highlight like microstuttering are game specific and very few games have problems with CFX and the few that do are trivial problems that are easy mitigated or overcome.
                                                • 3 / 3
                                            !
                                            web counter